Frequently Asked Questions
Is my device compatible with the Nix Pro Color Sensor?
Your phone or tablet must meet the minimum specs shown below. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us. We’d love to help.
iOS (8.0 or newer)
- iPhone (7/Plus, 6s/Plus, 6/Plus, 5s, 5c, 5 & 4s)
- iPad (Pro, Air, Mini, 3rd & 4th gen)
- iPod Touch (5th gen and later)
Android (4.4 Kit Kat or newer)
- Bluetooth ® Smart Ready Devices (also known as Bluetooth Low Energy)
I don’t live in Canada or the United States; will you still ship to me?
Absolutely! We ship Nix Pro Color Sensors all over the world everyday.
I Messed up... How do I reset my Nix?
Take a small paperclip and bend it open so it can be used to reset the Nix Pro Color Sensor. There is a hole in the top of the Nix Pro lid – push the paperclip through gently to push the reset button. Easy! Your device is ready to connect.
My Android device cannot connect to the Nix, what's happening?
Some users may experience an issue where their Nix Pro cannot be connected to their Android device. This is likely due to location setting being disabled on the phone. Please ensure that location is enabled on your device to fix this issue.
My Android device is taking a long time to connect to my Nix Pro and/or the app is displaying a message “Nix Pro disconnected due to a Bluetooth error”
- Open the system ‘Settings’ and scroll to the ‘Applications’ section. Open the ‘Application manager’
- Tap the three dots / ‘More’ icon at the top right of the screen and select ‘Show system apps’
- Select ‘Bluetooth Share’ from the list of applications.
- Select ‘Storage’ and then select the ‘CLEAR DATA’ button
Who can I address my more technical questions to?
If you have more technical questions, we are nerds at heart and love to talk about science. Feel free to give us a call at 1-905-581-6363 or email us at email@example.com and one of our engineering team members will happily answer your questions!
I have more questions I would like to ask, how could I reach you?
- Chat with our friendly support team or leave us a message after hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 1-905-581-6363